Returning to school September 2021
We are really looking forward to opening the school without the same levels of restrictions as have been necessary in the past 2 academic years. We remained open for some children all the way through the Covid-19 lockdowns and feel confident that all the hygiene measures we have in place have worked to keep us all safe. Some of these will stay in place to ensure we continue to feel safe in school.
We have updated a risk assessment to take into account the changes for September - see below. This will be changed if new information or new protocols are issued, ie because of increasing case numbers or new variants..
A few reminders:
* All children will start at 8.55am and finish at 3.15pm.
* Years 1, 3, 4, 6 will continue to enter through their classroom fire doors and there will be an adult at the door to meet them with hand sanitiser before they enter the school.
* Year 2 and 5 will use the cloakroom entrances where they will be met by staff...and sanitiser!
* Small book bags only, please as they need to keep all their belongings in the classrooms.
* Children will come to school in their PE kit on the days they have PE to avoid needing to change in school.
* Early Bird and After School Clubs will operate as usual from 8am until 5pm. Breakfast will be available too.
* Children will not be wearing face coverings in school.
Parents, please continue to keep social distancing rules in the playground when you are dropping off and collecting children. We ask that only one parent collects or drops off, to keep the number of adults in the playground as low as possible.
As there is no longer the requirement for children and/or bubbles to isolate for periods of time teachers will no longer be setting work on Google Classroom for their classes. If children are at home unwell, they need time to recuperate and feel well enough to return to school.
NHS Track and Trace
We may need to provide information upon request from a member of the NHS Track and Trace team.
The full GDPR Privacy Notice for Families can be viewed below.
There is support available to keep your child safe online. Below are some useful links to help parents and carers:
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is used to prevent cross site request forgery. An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: