The ethos of Worthinghead is one of democracy. All staff and children are involved in the decision making processes for all areas. Discussions around acceptable behaviour are commonplace. The voting systems within classes for a wide range of issues - often done without prior planning. Our children are always involved.
Year 4 used democracy to debate if immigration is a good thing.
Worthinghead has an active school council which meets with Mrs Greenwood each half term. They help to shape many aspects of school life. All classes discuss the British voting system and follow the democratic system. See below for a link to the school council page.
Year 6 have the opportunity to apply to become an Ambassador and become role models for the younger children. Their roles are:
1. They help to keep our school safe at break and lunchtimes by monitoring the external doors.
2. They make sure all children have friends to play with.
3. They are the link between children and adults in the playground.
4. They always show the best behaviour and are role models within school.
5. They wear the distinctive green jumpers.
6. They have specific roles such as Assembly Technical Monitors.
We also have Digital Leaders who:
1. Present to classes about Online Safety.
2. Help keep our systems safe by e.g. installing critical updates and setting up new hardware with the IT coordinator.
3. Represent our school in digital competitions such as the gaming festival.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is
used to prevent cross site request forgery.
An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
An 'awsUploads' object is used to facilitate file uploads.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: